2019-02-06 at 12:57 pm #7396
yes thats possible :)
- Prepare your layout as needed and wrap data to merge in << and >>, like <<First name>>
- Import it to MyDataMerge and import your layout
- Connect the placeholders with your datasource (<<First name>>, … If they match the titles in your data source you can use the “Auto Link” feature to connect them automatically)
- Once your setup is valid (green marker), go to the export section > filetype, select PDF as filetype and a preset in the dropdown
- Choose “One record per document”, then the filename configuration button will be shown. Deselect “Keep InDesign document” (unless you also want InDesign documents to be created)
- Click on the filename configuration, select PDF and activate it
- Then add elements as you like, to get the result above the elements would be:
- Sequence (arithmetic), set “001” as start and “1” as step
- Datasource element > select the “Last name” column
- Static text > enter “-invitation”
- Export as many records as you like.
Did you know you can sort your records? In the export section > extras > record filter you can define to sort your database alphabetically.
Tell us if it worked for you
Official MyDataMerge Team