Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #16296
    Mitch Huang
    Customer

    Hi,

    I have a set of data and some of them may be too long to fit in a textframe. I’ve tried to apply the “Styling” function to “Fit text to frame (decreasing only” and it works.

    However, in another textframe which consists of three placeholders, the program runs with an error code 404400. I’ve set all three placeholders to “Fit text to frame (decreasing only)” but I think this is not reasonable because it cannot be judged that has to be decreasing independently for the three placeholders.

    Is there any way to do that perfectly ?

    Mitch

    #16297
    Pat
    Staff

    Hi Mitch

    Try to only set the last placeholder in the textframe to “Fit text to frame (decrease only)” as this option always changes the size of the whole text of a frame.

    Let me know if it works for you.

    Regards
    Pat

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16298
    Pat
    Staff

    According to the bug you detected: Are you running the latest version 1.6.14?

    If so – could you reproduce the error and immediately after it go to menu > help > Send Feedback, leave a note and tick the checkbox (!important!)
    Then we can use the transmitted logs to provide a solution in the next release.

    Regards Pat

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16301
    Mitch Huang
    Customer

    Pat,

    According to your reply #16297, sometimes it works.

    My case is that when I set the font size under 16pt, it is ok. But when I set the font size larger than 18pt, it runs fail with error code 404400 even if I enlarge the height of the textframe.

    Mitch

    #16302
    Mitch Huang
    Customer

    Pat,

    Yes. I did that. Please let me know if you received the “feedback” because the dialog box get back to empty when I press the “Send” button. I do not know if it is really sent or not.

    Mitch

    #16303
    Pat
    Staff

    Thank you for the report. We’re on it.
    No worries. We’ll find a solution! :)

    Regards Pat

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16305
    Pat
    Staff
    This reply has been marked as private.

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16306
    Mitch Huang
    Customer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    #16307
    Pat
    Staff

    Thank you. We received it and we were able to reproduce the issue.
    We’re now analyzing what causes it.
    I’ll keep you updated.

    Regards
    Pat

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16310
    Pat
    Staff
    This reply has been marked as private.

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16318
    Mitch Huang
    Customer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    #16319
    Pat
    Staff

    Glad to hear this fixes the issue for you. It will be included in the next release. I’ll keep you updated.

    Regards
    Pat

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16322
    Pat
    Staff

    Good news,

    we decided to release 1.6.15 with this small fix today. So feel free to update to the official release 1.6.15 from within MyDataMerge. Please flag this thread as resolved if your issue is fixed.

    Regards,
    Pat

    Official MyDataMerge Team

    #16329
    Mitch Huang
    Customer

    Pat,

    Thanks. I’ve downloaded 1.6.15 and confirmed that.

    Mitch

    #16330
    Pat
    Staff

    Glad we could help. Just let us know if there’s anything else you need to know.

    Official MyDataMerge Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Decreasing the size of font for multiple placeholders in a textframe’ is closed to new replies.