- 2023-03-30 at 4:59 am #18752Braelynn HoffmannMember
I have had this error code before, and it is just saying to make sure all the fonts line up. which I have checked and changed. I have also changed the folders with the fonts in them. which shouldnt be the issue. it says to open it up on InDesign to see if there is any issues which there isn’t everytime i do so. but when I try and merge the two, I get the same error code every time.2023-03-30 at 2:20 pm #18754PatStaff
right after the eror appears, please go to MyDataMerge menu > Help > Send Feedback
Enter your email as well as a short text describing the issue (or just reference to this thread here)
Make sure to tick the checkbox, then we will receive the log file and can have a closer look on whats going on.
Official MyDataMerge Team2023-03-30 at 4:31 pm #18757Braelynn HoffmannMember
Okay, I just did that!2023-03-31 at 4:21 pm #18764Braelynn HoffmannMember
Do we have any update on this?2023-03-31 at 4:30 pm #18765PatStaff
you’re still working on 1.8.1. (Current version of MyDataMerge is more than 10 version ahead!).
Error reporting has been heavily improved since then. A new version of MyDataMerge would have told you that you are using automatic font activation from Adobe and why this is currently not supported.
Here’s how to solve it:
- Go to your Adobe Cloud App > Fonts and manually activate the required fonts there.
- Additionally its helpful to disable automatic fonts in InDesign > preferences > file handling > Disable “Auto ativate Adobe Fonts”
- Its heavily recommended to update MyDataMerge to a new version. You might keep a backup of 1.8.1 just in case (just copy it from your app folder somewhere else)
Official MyDataMerge Team2023-04-05 at 12:13 am #18778Braelynn HoffmannMember
I updated MyDataMerge and i did everything that was on here, It is saying that my fonts are downloading to my system when in fact I have deleted them and redownloaded them multiple times so I am unsure of where to go from here.2023-04-05 at 2:49 pm #18779PatStaff
Please note that once you disabled the option in the preferences of Adobe InDesign it WILL ask you to re-enable it on document load if there is any font left that is NOT locally installed. Once you accept that dialog the same issue will raise again.
- DISABLE automatic font download (please re-Check) InDesign > preferences > file handling > Disable “Auto ativate Adobe Fonts”
- Open your document (does a dialog popup saying something about auto font download? -> DENY it)
Otherwise, please explain behavior more precisely.
Official MyDataMerge Team
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.