- 2019-02-06 at 12:56 pm #7395J4dMember
I have a client’s datasource’s as exvel where I need to create almost 700 individual invitation pdfs. So here are me needs I’d like to know if Mydatamerge can handle this
- For each data record an individual PDF
- Each PDF should include a name like this 001-lastname-invitation.pdf, where only the last name is in the database
J4d2019-02-06 at 12:57 pm #7396JonathanStaff
yes thats possible :)
- Prepare your layout as needed and wrap data to merge in << and >>, like <<First name>>
- Import it to MyDataMerge and import your layout
- Connect the placeholders with your datasource (<<First name>>, … If they match the titles in your data source you can use the “Auto Link” feature to connect them automatically)
- Once your setup is valid (green marker), go to the export section > filetype, select PDF as filetype and a preset in the dropdown
- Choose “One record per document”, then the filename configuration button will be shown. Deselect “Keep InDesign document” (unless you also want InDesign documents to be created)
- Click on the filename configuration, select PDF and activate it
- Then add elements as you like, to get the result above the elements would be:
- Sequence (arithmetic), set “001” as start and “1” as step
- Datasource element > select the “Last name” column
- Static text > enter “-invitation”
- Export as many records as you like.
Did you know you can sort your records? In the export section > extras > record filter you can define to sort your database alphabetically.
Tell us if it worked for you
Official MyDataMerge Team2019-02-06 at 1:01 pm #7397J4dMember
That works great – and so simple! How can i add new PDF presets?2019-02-06 at 1:01 pm #7398JonathanStaff
PDF presets are directly imported from Adobe InDesign. Just define them there. You can update the PDF presets in MyDataMerge by hitting the circle arrow button next to the dropdown.
Official MyDataMerge Team2019-02-06 at 1:01 pm #7399J4dMember
Many thanks!!2019-02-06 at 1:01 pm #7400JonathanStaff
Glad we could help. Just let us know if there’s anything else you need to know.
Official MyDataMerge Team
- The topic ‘individual PDF export with on going numbers’ is closed to new replies.