- 2021-03-11 at 1:00 pm #15749Hüseyin TugalMember
Can someone help me, I would like to create an inline merge from an Excel file, I do not want all the titles that are repeated, the title should only be visible once. I have included an image file so that you can follow what I mean. Thanks for the support.
If that works, I’ll buy the program!
Here is the picture:
https://ibb.co/BPcFjsK2021-03-11 at 2:26 pm #15750PatStaff
yes this is possible although it cannot be explained easily. If you’re a customer i can build this for you and send you the project file.
Until then, here’s an explanation:
- In your layout you only have one text frame and nothing else
- You have one placeholder in the text frame called <<Name>> and nothing else. With these requirements met you can select “Inline Merge” in export > multiple records
- In MyDataMerge, edit the placeholder and add a configuration (by clicking the plus next to the dropdown), name it “Name”. Add a datasource element and output the name. In the preview you should now see the name.
- Add another configuration and call it “Name with title”. Add a datasource element and output the Gender. Add a static text element and select Linebreak. Add another datasource element and output the name. In the preview you should now see the Gender and the name in a new line.
- Now activate the process chain (chain icon > enable) and move “Name with title” to top. If theres a “Initial configuration” move it to the left.
- Close that view and hit the conditions button (now visible) – make sure “Name with title” is still active. Add a condition with “One matches” and two entries: “Gender” is “Woman” and “Gender” is “Man” and select “Only first match” in the bottom dropdown.
- What this does is simple. The first time an entry comes up with “Woman” it outputs “Name with title” configuration. The second time it just outputs “Name” configuration.
To make this work you have to sort the records so all “Woman” are below each other as well as all “Man”. Go to export > extras > Sort records and select “Gender”. Choose ascending to have “Man” first and descending to have “Woman” first.
Official MyDataMerge Team2021-03-12 at 8:56 am #15754Hüseyin TugalMember
Thanks for the support
Unfortunately, your description only reacts to «woman», the column «man» is listed below the women.
Thanks for the support2021-03-12 at 3:25 pm #15755PatStaff
Did you do an export or just checked the preview?
Please show the conditions
Official MyDataMerge Team2021-03-12 at 6:01 pm #15756PatStaff
Here’s the solution. Copy the configuration “Name with title” (add one and click “Duplicate selected”).
In one of both remove the condition line with man in the other one remove the condition line with woman. That’ll do it.
Official MyDataMerge Team2021-04-08 at 6:42 am #15837PatStaff
Closed due to no response
Official MyDataMerge Team
- The topic ‘InlineMerge’ is closed to new replies.