- 2020-02-13 at 10:47 pm #12459trotziCustomer
My project has 24 languages and Greek does not come through. InDesign does manage to build the Greek page, then quits before creating file. Any suggestions??
An unknown error with the following number occured: -1700
<span class=”errorcode”>[Error code 303306]</span>
Thorsten2020-02-14 at 8:56 am #12461PatStaff
Hi trotzi and welcome to the support forum
303306 is an error code thrown when creating of an overset report fails due to an unknown error.
Please try the following:
- DEACTIVATE creating of an overset report on the export page > general.
- Try again and check if it runs through smoothly. But do NOT use the files as they might contain overset text.
Let us know here if it worked or not.
- No matter if it worked or not please re-activate overset report.
- Do another export until the error appears.
- Immidiately after that send us Feedback using “Menu > Help > Feedback”. Please tick the checkbox to include log and system information so we might dig into this more deeply.
Official MyDataMerge Team2020-02-14 at 10:06 am #12462PatStaff
My apologies. Please send the package to email@example.com
We already received the Feedback report and are working on it. I’ll keep you updated.
Official MyDataMerge Team2020-02-14 at 11:18 am #12463PatStaff
Thank you for providing feedback and data.
We identified the issue and our developers will provide a fix as soon as possible – probably tomorrow. It appears when non-latin-characters are part of overset text, this is why it happens on your greek text.
To avoid it – until we release the fix – you need to avoid overset text. Please give your text more space in your layout OR reduce the font size.
Official MyDataMerge Team2020-02-14 at 11:33 am #12464trotziCustomer
Excellent work! Looking forward to the fix :)2020-02-14 at 12:53 pm #12466PatStaff
Additional hint for you (rised from inspecting your layout):
As a lot of your placeholders are in the same textframe, you may setup a styling option in just ONE of them.
Choose the text fitting option “Fit text to frame (decrease only)” and you shouldn’t have any issues with overset text at all. But keep in mind that this will result in different font size for languages that are too long to fit in the frames.
- Go to edit mode of only one placeholder e.g. “TECHNICAL”
- Click the brush icon
- Choose the text fitting option “Fit text to frame (decrease only)”
Give it a try.
Official MyDataMerge Team2020-02-15 at 12:27 pm #12473PatStaff
Version 18.104.22.168 including that hotfix has just been released.
Official MyDataMerge Team2020-02-17 at 5:16 pm #12498PatStaff
Did this solve your issue?
Official MyDataMerge Team2020-02-17 at 8:04 pm #12499trotziCustomer
Yes, all solved – thanks!!!2020-02-18 at 11:07 pm #12507PatStaff
Glad we could help. Just let us know if there’s anything else you need to know.
Official MyDataMerge Team
- The topic ‘Multilingual Project – Greek text causes error -1700 (303306)’ is closed to new replies.