- 2019-02-06 at 1:14 pm #7422Flor1Member
I regularly get an excel file from our client I need to
- re-order (sorted by last name)
- wrap some texts in ” ” to unescape commas
- export to a csv to be used within InDesign
While doing this manually – how can mydatamerge support me here?2019-02-06 at 1:14 pm #7423JonathanStaff
welcome to the support forum.
If it’s always the same layout you need to merge data to, you can
- Import both your (prepared) layout and datasource (Excel directly) to MyDataMerge
- Configure MyDataMerge how to merge your data
- Sort your data
The options above will not change your original Excel file but will create a new, InDesign compatibe CSV file – taking care of escapes, linebreaks and so on. If you need to do this regulary you can save a project file and just swap the datasource the next time you get one.
Then MyDataMerge can:
- Create the CSV file for you – for manual usage
- Create the CSV file for you and LINK all placeholders for a data merge – for manual usage
- Do the merge for you
Trying MyDataMerge is FREE, Get your copy here
Official MyDataMerge Team2019-02-06 at 1:14 pm #7424Flor1Member
I already downloaded it, just didn’t have time to try it. Will do this now.
Thank you2019-02-06 at 1:14 pm #7425JonathanStaff
Glad we could help. Just let us know if there’s anything else you need to know.
Official MyDataMerge Team
- The topic ‘Using mydatamerge to order database’ is closed to new replies.