- 2019-12-05 at 2:55 am #11159The Next WaveMember
This is driving me crazy.
Spreadsheet has 2 columns. Name- ie “John”- no problem inserting.
Second column is “status” and has either “naughty” or “nice” in it.
This inserts in two different text boxes on the layout- with different styling- this works.
What I want, is a Red X in a font to appear underneath entries with “naughty” or- if they are “nice” a green checkmark from the font Zapf Dingbats.
I created a text replacement for a text box- trying to use a different paragraph style for the box- one for X, one for Checkmark – with a different paragraph style.
It doesn’t like Zapf Dingbats. Suggestions on how to do this? Job was supposed to go to the printer this morning.2019-12-05 at 6:53 am #11160PatStaff
Hi the next Wave
If you are in a hurry could you
- Create a data file with 2-3 records of dummy data
- Package your project (MyDataMerge Menu file > package) and include all fonts and stuff and send that over to email@example.com, referencing this post
We guarantee deleting everything after providing help.
Then we’ll have a look asap. Please note- we’re located in Germany thus our service is online from 8am GMT+1
Official MyDataMerge Team2019-12-05 at 3:45 pm #11163The Next WaveMember
I was here until midnight last night.
Finally solved it by create png images of the X and the checkmark- and inserting them as images.
Wasn’t able to figure out an easy way to do a condition- if status=naughty insert pic X if status=nice insert pic Checkmark
Instead- put the image link on every line in the spreadsheet.
Your online “manual” has too many links in it- need case studies- with step by steps. Video isn’t always the answer, although they are helpful.
It’s done and at the printer. Thank you for your quick offer of support.2019-12-06 at 12:28 am #11185PatStaff
Glad you solved it. Still let me tell you how to do the condition thing with the image. It’s a long read but fast done.
- Enter the placeholder editor for the image.
- Select “Replace with image”
- Activate the process chain (chain icon) > then click the enable switch
- You will probably have one setup in the right list. We will ignore this one.
- Close the popup and press the plus next to the dropdown to add a setup and name it “Naughty”
- Assuming your naughty image is always the same add a static text element by clicking the centered plus icon. Enter the name of the image e.g. naughty.jpg
- Once that element turns valid (green dot) you can access its settings (gear icon). Choose the folder where both images are located.
- Open up the process chain again and move the unneeded setup to the left so you only have naughty on the right.
- At this time you can see a preview of the naughty image (you might need to grant access) for every record. So let’s change that.
- Open the conditions (next to process chain) and set the condition when you want to see the naughty image.
- Click through the preview to test.
- Then add another setup named “nice” but check “duplicate” checkbox.
- Then you only need to change static text element to “nice.jpg” and adjust the condition.
If you still send us example data we can help you with a solution without images.
Official MyDataMerge Team
- The topic ‘Variable text insertion, with different styling and a non-standard font.’ is closed to new replies.